Police Looking for Suspect in First Hill Killing

Seattle Police have identified a suspect in the murder of 21-year-old rapper Max Gasoi, who was shot and killed in an apparent drug robbery near the St. James Cathedral on First Hill last month.

From SPD’s Blotter:

Tyrese B. Harrison, age 22, has been charged with murder for a shooting that occurred at 9th and Columbia St. in Seattle’s First Hill neighborhood on November 27, 2009.  He has a $1,000,000 bail-Murder 2 warrant for his arrest.  Harrison is considered armed and dangerous. Harrison’s previous residences and police contacts have been in Bremerton and Tacoma.  Harrison may also go by the moniker Reese Morgan or “Young Reese”.  Harrison is 5′9″ tall and weighs about 165 pounds. Anyone with information regarding Harrison’s location is urged to call either 911 or the Seattle Police Homicide Unit at 206 684-5550.  Those wishing to remain anonymous are encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800 222-TIPS (8477) or send a text to CRIMES (274637).  Your text message should include “TIP486” to ensure proper routing. If a tip leads to an arrest and the filing of charges, callers may qualify for a cash reward of up to $1000.  Calls are taken 24 hours a day.

According to charges filed against Harrison, Gasoi drove to meet Harrison on First Hill shortly before 9:00 p.m. on November 27th. The day after the shooting, detectives received a call from a man who said he was with Gasoi when he was killed.

The man told police Gasoi had gone to meet up with Harrison on First Hill and was shot during an apparent drug deal. Police records indicate Harrison fired on Gasoi from the back seat of Gasoi’s Nissan Maxima. Court records say a bullet entered Gasoi’s right arm, went into his side, and through his heart.

Harrison then allegedly fled with a grocery bag containing marijuana.

When police arrived, Gasoi was laying in the street next to the Nissan, which was still running. Gasoi was clutching a 9mm pistol in his left hand, and it appears he fired off several rounds before he was killed.