Police Taser, Seriously Injure Man At Aurora Motel

Update 9:30 a.m.: Here’s the official word from SPD on this incident:

On February 28th at approximately 9:14 p.m. officers responded to 911 calls of a woman being physically and sexually assaulted in the hallway of a hotel located in the 8200 block of Aurora Avenue North.  Officers arrived on scene and contacted the 49-year-old male suspect, who was hostile and combative toward the officers.  The suspect refused to comply with the officers, continuing to fight and physically resist arrest as the officers attempted to handcuff and bring the suspect under control. 

Once under control, the suspect was escorted outside to a patrol car.  Due to a suspected drug overdose, the suspect was transported to Harborview Medical Center by SFD medics for treatment.  An officer is guarding the suspect, who will be booked into the King County Jail upon release. 

The 28-year-old female victim sustained minor injuries.  Neither she nor the involved officers required medical treatment.  This incident remains under active investigation.

Information is still coming in but it sounds like a man was seriously injured during a chaotic encounter with police at a motel on Aurora. Here’s what we’ve got so far (this info is subject to change, but it’s what we’ve got right now):

The incident started around 9:20 p.m. at the Everspring Inn on 82nd and Aurora. Police called for “fast back up”—meaning officers were in need of immediate help—and medics were called to treat several people on scene for pepper spray inhalation and assist in removing Taser barbs from a suspect.

Update:It appears the motel manager pepper sprayed a man on the second floor of the motel. Police were also standing by with a female victim, but we still don’t have information on exactly how this call began.

Photo by Matt Mason

 Medics arrived and and immediately began CPR on one man, who has since been transported to Harborview.

As more officers arrived on scene, it sounds like a patrol car hit another patrol car. No one was injured.

Police also called for a Seattle Police Officers Guild representative, which could be related to the damage, or could indicate that a shot was fired by one of the officers or that one of the suspects involved in the fight with police was gravely injured. We’ve been told by one source that no shots were fired during the incident.

We’ve got a number of calls out and we’ll update if we’re able to get any more info on this tonight.

UPDATE @ 10:50pm: We’ve been told that the man who was brought to Harborview Medical Center is currently in the ER in serious condition.

Photos by Matt Mason.

Thanks to SC readers Sliver and Heath for the info.