V-Bar Owner Charged With Obstruction, False Reporting

Ten days after the Washington State Liquor Control Board suspended V-Bar’s license, city prosecutors have filed charges against the bar’s owner, after she allegedly interfered in a police investigation last month.

Trinh Cam Le, 34, is facing charges for obstruction and false reporting after she allegedly tried to prevent  officers from entering V-Bar to check on a man injured in a brawl on September 9th.

That night, police broke up a brawl outside V-Bar, and then tried to enter the business to

According to police, staff at the bar physically blocked officers from entering the bar, before Le approached officers and began shouting at them.

As police argued with Le, a customer came out of the bar and told officers his friend had been knocked unconscious during the fight and was still inside the bar, laying on a couch.

Police found the injured victim who had “obvious swelling” and “multiple contusions” on his head.

According to a police report on the incident, “Employees tried to conceal [the victim]…and repeatedly denied that any assault or injury had taken place, delaying treatment for the unconscious victim.”

Police confronted Le, who apparently gave officers a fake name. Police were eventually able identify Le from an ID card. Police did not arrest Le at the time of the incident.

The certainly wasn’t the first time police were called to the bar.

In March, police say Le fired a gun at or near two men who had started a fight in the bar, and then tried to hide the gun from officers. Le was arrested but was not charged.

In June, a 21-year-old man was killed in front of V-Bar after he got into a confrontation with several gang members

Police have also responded to the bar on several occasions to break up fist fights.

Following this most recent incident of alleged obstruction, Police contacted the liquor board about the incident, and a month later, the state issued a rare emergency suspension of V-Bar’s license.

If convicted of obstruction, Le could face a maximum of one year in jail and a $5,000 fine. A conviction could also have an impact on the already uncertain future of V-Bar.