Protestors Vandalize Cop Car During Rally

From SPD:

On February 12th, at approximately 1:30 PM, a demonstration occurred at Westlake Park.  At the conclusion of he demonstration, the demonstration  turned into a march, with West Precinct bicycle officers monitoring the march. The group marched through downtown and then eastbound on Pike Street.  As the group march, members of the group would pull large items, such as newspaper stands and sandwich boards into the streets.  This caused the Bicycle officers to flank the group on both sides to prevent any further damage to private property.   The group eventually made its way up to the East Precinct, located at 12th Avenue and East Pine Street.  At that time, an unknown suspect used a hammer to break  out the driver’s side  window of an unoccupied police car parked on East Pine Street. Officers attempted to contact the suspect in the crowd, but other demonstrators prevented officers from getting to the suspect.  The suspect was able to slip back into the crowd and disappear.   Officers arrested two women  for obstructing.  The rest of the demonstration dispersed.  The two women, ages 20 and 26,  were later booked into the King County Jail.

And here’s a report on the same event from our new favoritest website,

On February 12th, 150 people met at Westlake Center in Downtown Seattle. Hundreds of fliers were distributed during the initial rally which had the title “Police Are The Absolute Enemy.” The rally was predominately reformist and had been called by the October 22nd coalition, a front group of the Revolutionary Communist Party. However, the anarchist block, composed of 40 people dressed entirely in black, pushed the crowd into the streets and began to march.

As the march went on, thousands of the flier mentioned above were distributed. At Pike Place Market, a notable tourist attraction in Seattle, hundreds and hundreds of fliers swirled through the air, caught by the wind(a beautiful sight to behold!). On the way to the East Precinct Police Station, barricades were thrown into the road. Several people from the street joined in as the march proceeded, all of them filled with hatred towards the police. When the march reached the police station, the windows of a police cruiser were smashed out. At this point, the police moved in. Several of them were hit with the thick flag poles that carried black flags. Two people were arrested. At the time of this writing, they have been charged with misdemeanors.

Solidarity to everyone fighting the police!