Gang Members Brutally Beat, Rob Man On Metro Bus

Seattle police arrested four alleged gang members following a violent robbery on a Metro bus last weekend.

According to a police report, officers responded to a report of a large brawl involving 15 people at Rainier Ave S and S Genesee around 2 p.m., and found a man lying in the street.

The man had a large gash on his forehead, and was not moving.

A witness at the scene told officers he and the victim had fallen asleep in the back of a #7 Metro bus and awoke to find themselves surrounded by about eight young men.

The witness told police one of the eight young men rummaged through the victim’s backpack, and then began shouting at the two men.

The suspect then “began to shout gang references…and stated that this was his ‘hood.’,” the report says.

When the group of young men got off the bus at Rainier and Genesee, thee victim checked his bag and discovered his wallet and cell phone were missing.

Both the victim and the witness got off the bus and confronted the group. One of the suspects started shouting at the men and made more “gang references,” the report says.

While the witness tried to talk the group of men into giving the wallet back, several of the suspects attacked the victim.

The report says they sucker punched the man, and repeatedly kicked him as he lay on the ground.

When officers arrived on scene, the witness pointed several fleeing suspects out to police.

Officers then arrested four juvenile suspects in a nearby park.

According to police, the four juvenile suspects are affiliated with the “Goon Squad” and “Valley Hood Piru” gangs.

The victim suffered “severe head injuries” in the attack and was taken to Harborview. The man’s right orbital bone and nose were also broken during the assault. The man was stable but unresponsive when admitted to Harborview, the report says.

We’ve asked the prosecutors office for any information on charges against the juvenile suspects, and we’ll update when we get more details.

UPDATE: Prosecutors tell us the case is under investigation, and charges have not yet been filed.