The Weekend Blotter

SPD had a busy weekend. I think that means summer has officially started.

I’m not sure how to feel about that, either.

Now let’s get caught up:

Man Shot At…Rainier and Henderson

On Friday, May 20th, just before midnight,  South Precinct officers responded to several calls of shots fired in the area of Rainier Avenue South and South Henderson Street.  A few minutes later, the occupants of a residence in the 9100 Block of 50th Avenue South called 911 to report that someone showed up at their doorstep with a gunshot wound.  The victim, a 26 year old male, was treated by Seattle Fire for two gunshot wounds to his arm and his hand.

The investigation revealed that the victim was standing on the sidewalk, at the southwest corner of Rainier and Henderson when a light colored car drove past him as he was walking toward the busstop.  Words were yelled by the occupants of the car, and as the car turned back around, the front passenger began shooting at the victim.  The victim ran westbound through the parking lot, and then south where he eventually ran to the house where officers contacted him. The suspect car then drove off.  The only description of the suspects is three black males, ages 18-mid 20′s, in a light colored sedan.   Officers were able to recover  several shell casings from the SW corner of Rainier and Henderson.

Gang Unit detectives also responded to the scene and will continue this investigation.

Police Recover Stolen Gun Following Fight At Garfield High

On May 20th, at approximately 5:15 PM, East Precinct officers responded to a 911 call from Garfield High School concerning a disturbance involving a handgun.  The caller stated that there was a large group of young people in a disturbance and talk of a gun was overheard.  Two officers were driving past the location when the call was broadcast.  They immediately spotted the suspect and another person involved in an argument.  As the officers were detaining the two indviduals, the caller reported further that one of the individuals had thrown a gun nearby.  Another officer recovered the handgun.  The gun, a .357 revolver, turned out to be stolen.

The suspect, an 18 year old male, was positively identified and arrested.  He was later booked into the King County Jail for Investigation of VUFA and Investigation of Possession of Stolen Property.

Man Stabbed With For In Chinatown Brawl

On May 22nd at approximately 2:35 AM, West Precinct officers were dispatched to a disturbance outside of a restaurant in the 500 Block of Maynard Avenue South.  At about the same time of the call, officers observed a group of approximately 50 or so patrons spilling onto the street from the restaurant, all pushing and shoving each other.  It was unclear if all were involved in the disturbance, or had come out to watch.  Management of the establishment had locked the doors after everyone spilled out, preventing anyone from coming back in.  One officer located a bleeding victim pinned against the locked door and the suspect punching him.  The officer was able to intervene and stop the assault.  After the suspect was in custody, it was determined that the victim had received several wounds inflicted by a fork inside the restaurant. This may have been from an earlier dispute where reportedly the victim was dancing with a woman at another nightclub, and the suspect took offense.  The victim did finally agree to be transported to Harborview for treatment of his injuries, which included fork stab wounds to his head, hand, and other areas.  The suspect was later booked into the King County Jail for assault.

Truck Torched In South Seattle (with bonus picture!)

On May 21st, at approximately 5:35 PM, South Precinct officers responded to the 4200 Block of 37th Avenue South on a report of a possible arson to a truck parked on the west side of the street.  The call also indicated that a suspect was seen running from the burning truck.  A caller followed the possible suspect while staying on the phone with 911.  The suspect was taken into custody by officers in the 4000 Block of 37th Avenue South.  The Seattle Fire Department responded to deal with the truck fire.  During the course of the investigation, it was revealed that the fire was not intentionally set, but that the truck was reported as stolen.  The adult male suspect was transported to the South Precinct and then later booked into the King County Jail for Investigation of Auto Theft, Investigation of Possession of Stolen Property, and Investigation of VUCSA (drugs).

Thanks to Bruce Tom for the photo.