Police Find Child, Man Dead In First Hill Apartment (Updated)

Update 8/12: Police have released a bit more info about this incident:

Seattle Police Homicide detectives have approved the release of some additional details regarding yesterday’s double homicide investigation.

  • The three people in the apartment were a family, with the small child being the adopted son of the male couple. 
  • The deceased included a 29 year old male and a 2 year 10 month old child. 
  • The third person is a 39 year old man.  While his wounds were initially described as life-threatening, they are now believed to be non life-threatening. 
  • The wounds suffered by all three appeared to be stab wounds.

No additional details will be released, pending further investigation by Homicide detectives.  Information is preliminary and subject to change as the case develops.

Two people were killed and a third man was wounded in an incident at a First Hill apartment building Thursday morning.

Medics were initially called to the scene after receiving a report that a 40-year-old man had been cut in a 17th-floor apartment on 8th and Madison.

Shortly thereafter, a caller told a 911 operator about a possible second victim.

Medics and police arrived on scene and found two people dead, along with a third man, who had been seriously wounded.

It appears police recovered a knife at the scene.

The victims had sustained stab wounds to the head and arms.

Medics transported a 44-year-old man to Harborview

A police spokesman confirmed homicide detectives are on scene at the apartment building.

Update: According to police, one of the victims is a young child. It appears police don’t believe they have any outstanding suspects.

Update from SPD:

On 8/11/11 at 10:12 a.m., West Precinct patrol officers responded to a request to check the welfare of the occupants of a 17th floor apartment located in the 900 block of 8th Avenue.

Upon entering the apartment, officers discovered a deceased adult male, a deceased child and another adult male with life threatening injuries.  Seattle Fire Medics responded and transported the injured man to Harborview Medical Center for emergency care.  The gender and exact age of the child is unknown at this time, but it appears that the child was under 5 years of age.  Homicide Detectives responded and closed off the crime scene pending receipt of a search warrant. Crime Scene Investigation detectives were called and are standing by to process the scene and search for and collect evidence.

Detectives will not speculate as to what caused the injuries sustained by the deceased male and child and the surviving male.  Detectives do not believe that there is an ongoing threat to the community.

This information is preliminary and subject to change as the investigation proceeds.